30 WAYS TO TEST WHETHER THAT GUY/LADY TRULY LOVE YOU
- Attraction test: Is he/she attracted to the content or container that is it about your person or your body.
- Purpose test: Will the relationship be temporal or forever, what exactly is the basis of your love.
- Vision test: Does your vision unite you or divide you, do you compliment him and does he add values to you.
- Activity test: Are you planning for tomorrow or all you care about is the excitement of today. Do you see a future together are you guarding it or destroying it
- Caring test: What does he care about your life or body, your present or future? Is the care genuine or to get through to you.
- Longevity test: is it for now or forever.
- Starting test: How did it all started, was is based on friendship, infatuation or lust.
- Purity test: Do you stand for righteousness or engaging in sexual immoralities.
- Divine relationship test: Are you together in Christ or together in club.
- Interest test: Is he warm, tender and gentle or harsh rude and arrogant.
- Maturity test: How wise are you both, can your wisdom build a home and will your understanding establish it.
- Effect test: Are you a better person or worse off.
- Excitement test: Are you happy or you are enduring the relationship.
- Marriage test: can you spend the rest of your life with him/her. Can you marry him/her?
- Self-emotions test: can you both control your feelings and urge for sex.
- Personal test: is he/she a genuinely born again Christian
- Patient test: can you both keep the bed undefiled
- Peace test: Is there peace of mind or you are always troubled
- Other relationship: What is the view of your family and friends? Do they know about the relationship, are they in support of it.
- Trust test: can you open up to him/her saying nothing but the truth at every point in time.
- Distance test: can you love him/her in his/her absence
- Time test: Is the love growing strong or waxing cold, can it survive the test of time.
- Pluralistic test: Do you see each other as you and me or we and us
- Character test: Can you coup with your flaws and can you live with your weaknesses
- Foundation test: can you present him to the world as your husband or wife.
- Goal test: Is your goal to please God or yourselves
- Prayer and counsel test: Have you prayed about it, is your pastor or church leaders aware of your relationship.
- Association test: Who are the people surrounding your relationship
- Commitment test: Do you spend quality time with each other, are you there when things are not smiling.
- Medical test: Is your genotype compatible
The true elements of love are: Trust, acceptance, compassion, respect, service, forgiveness, selflessness, excitement, righteousness, peace, patient submission, commitment, sacrifice, giving, positive thinking, forbearance, truth, tolerance, faithfulness, faith, hope and joy.
The false element of love is:
- Love is not based on love at first sight
- Love is not sexual urge
- Love is not based on beauty and wealth
- Love cannot come from immature mind
- Love is not in haste
- Love is not envious
- Love is not without control
- Love does not come from an ungrateful mind
- Love does not rejoice in iniquity
- Love does not seek to glorify it self
- Love does not dishonor marriage
Games singles should avoid:
- Having a relationship with an unbeliever all in the name of converting him/her
- Close friendship that keeps others from proposing
- To accept gift and pretend not to know the givers intention
- To assume you are in a relationship with someone without formal approval
- To delay proposal all in the name of praying for selfish reasons
- To deliberately cover for an unbeliever from your pastor all in the name of love
- Satisfying your sexual appetite by yourself through masturbation
- To have a pure relationship with a believer and a sex relationship with an unbeliever at the same time
- To be in multiple relationship with the mind of picking one of them to marry
Beware games players always lose at the end.
By Olubode Tomi